Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
360 or PS3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Veni Vidi Vici Forum Index -> Microsoft General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: 360 or PS3 Reply with quote

I'm gonna get one or the other tomorrow.

Which should i get?

How are all of my old VvV'ers been?
Kiowa
Pterodactyl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great now that you are gone. Just kiding. I say ps3 but KWO will say 360. I would say get what ever you like better. To me i love the playstation, I have the 360 and think it sucks. KWO prefers his 360. Hard choice!!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Omaha
Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a loyal fanboy of Sony so...PS3 is my suggestion !!!!!

" Don't believe any Hype though " Do your Homework and make a descision on what you do know off the past Sony vs. MS consoles and what is right for you...Personally, I believe Sony is behind in what they have available with games but, They will catch up and are doing so already as we speak with each passing title arriving recently these last few months.
KWO
Hitman
Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt call myself a fan boy but i am partial to the 360 as kiowa said. i have had it for nearly 2 years and can safely say that the online is awesome and solid! Alot of oldschool socom players actually have a 360. it is really up to you. after trying to show maelos the light and him buying the ps3 i will let other choose for themselves. unless they have a specific question for me. research it and make your choice is all i can say.

MrCOPE
Loser in training

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAZR YOU NEED TO GO WITH PS3 OBVIOUSLY THAT WAY WE CAN HAVE THE BOYS COME BACK AND JOIN US YOU TERD HERDIN RANDOM LICKER

ViperF22
You're a JOKE!
You're a JOKE!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 360 so thats a good enough reason to get it lmao Laughing. Now only if he knew who this actually is lol
random
Loser in training

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe the 360's online is better overall since you pay for it. I believe the games are better for it (as of right now) and even though there is no SOCOM for 360...I believe the 360 is the better choice. I had both and just never really liked the PS3. If you get the PS3 make sure you don't get the 40 gig. I hear that it doesn't have blue ray, and isn't backwards compatible. (I could be wrong since it is just from hear say.)

PS3 has blue ray, and that 6 axis controller.

360 has GTA comming, a better choice of games, a better online service.

I'm sure there are other pluses for each, but that seems to be the bests of both.
You're a JOKE!
You're a JOKE!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

random wrote:
i believe the 360's online is better overall since you pay for it. I believe the games are better for it (as of right now) and even though there is no SOCOM for 360...I believe the 360 is the better choice. I had both and just never really liked the PS3. If you get the PS3 make sure you don't get the 40 gig. I hear that it doesn't have blue ray, and isn't backwards compatible. (I could be wrong since it is just from hear say.)

PS3 has blue ray, and that 6 axis controller.

360 has GTA comming, a better choice of games, a better online service.

I'm sure there are other pluses for each, but that seems to be the bests of both.

He also forgot to add that he loves the 360 for its vibrating controlers Shocked
IDEVILMANI
Private First Class

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I like the PS3 better as it has more to offer for less.

Comes with a Blu-ray player, depending on the model you can play PS2 games, Use Flash drives or SD cards. Comes with a Cat 5 Cable, and even can access the internet wirelessly. Has a basic internet browser and plays Blu-ray games right out of the box. It also has a removable harddrive so if you want to up grade your system all you need to do is go buy a generic HDD at best buy or circuit city and set it up. It even shows you in the instruction manual how to swap out the harddrive. and the PSN is free.

Xbox360 as far as I know, most models don't come with an HD-DVD player or a HDD, XBOX LIVE costs like 60 a year, They have a bunch of games, however most of the good ones have already been ported to the PS3. And my biggest pet peave is that you have to EARN or BUY points to download stuff off the LIVE store. I wouldnt mind earning like a buck off or something from the PSN store......but in the end, It would do better to just offer downloads in $$$.

In my past experiences, Microsoft has been more about having to BUY attachments and ONLINE play just so you can get the full bang out of your box where as Sony just tries to cram it all into one box/one price.

And when it all comes down to it. Socom is a Sony exclusive. You wont find any better game on the Box.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDEVILMANI wrote:
Personally I like the PS3 better as it has more to offer for less.

Comes with a Blu-ray player, depending on the model you can play PS2 games, Use Flash drives or SD cards. Comes with a Cat 5 Cable, and even can access the internet wirelessly. Has a basic internet browser and plays Blu-ray games right out of the box. It also has a removable harddrive so if you want to up grade your system all you need to do is go buy a generic HDD at best buy or circuit city and set it up. It even shows you in the instruction manual how to swap out the harddrive. and the PSN is free.

Xbox360 as far as I know, most models don't come with an HD-DVD player or a HDD, XBOX LIVE costs like 60 a year, They have a bunch of games, however most of the good ones have already been ported to the PS3. And my biggest pet peave is that you have to EARN or BUY points to download stuff off the LIVE store. I wouldnt mind earning like a buck off or something from the PSN store......but in the end, It would do better to just offer downloads in $$$.

In my past experiences, Microsoft has been more about having to BUY attachments and ONLINE play just so you can get the full bang out of your box where as Sony just tries to cram it all into one box/one price.

And when it all comes down to it. Socom is a Sony exclusive. You wont find any better game on the Box.

sony is a dying if you do you research the ps3 is over built over priced under gamed and what blu-ray is that great i donno im sticking with 360
Loser in training

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is true...i DO love a vibrating controller. I leave it in my lap and let people shoot me. You do have to buy more things for 360 to use it the same way as the PS3 (wi-fi, microsoft points to get stuff online etc.) but the quality of the product is beter IMO. The online is beter because you pay for it, so they treat it as a service and do their best to correct problems with it, vice having it free and waiting for it to move to a priority before someone considers fixing it. (PS3. See the past 6000 complaints about the SOCOM servers.)
Hitman
Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will respond to each directly in red.

IDEVILMANI wrote:
Personally I like the PS3 better as it has more to offer for less. less? last time i checked the cheap ps3 isnt backwards compatible but the cheap 360 is.

Comes with a Blu-ray player, depending on the model you can play PS2 games, Use Flash drives or SD cards. Comes with a Cat 5 Cable, and even can access the internet wirelessly. Has a basic internet browser and plays Blu-ray games right out of the box. It also has a removable harddrive so if you want to up grade your system all you need to do is go buy a generic HDD at best buy or circuit city and set it up. It even shows you in the instruction manual how to swap out the harddrive. and the PSN is free. bluray is nice and all, but its not fully supported by all movie makers so it isnt a neccsisty. sp<? lol.

Xbox360 as far as I know, most models don't come with an HD-DVD player or a HDD, XBOX LIVE costs like 60 a year, They have a bunch of games, however most of the good ones have already been ported to the PS3. And my biggest pet peave is that you have to EARN or BUY points to download stuff off the LIVE store. I wouldnt mind earning like a buck off or something from the PSN store......but in the end, It would do better to just offer downloads in $$$.i think only the elite comes with the hd-dvd but who cares the standard dvd format is great for me. 13 months of live = $49.95 = $3.50 a month. Yes they do have tons of games not to mention the arcade is fucking awesome. plus the game demos and tons of free downloads. yes you do have to pay for certain items online and as far as i know you have to buy them on the ps store as well. at least thats what it says in the emails form psu to me says. the downloads are offered in money figure it as 100 live points = $1.

In my past experiences, Microsoft has been
more about having to BUY attachments and ONLINE play just so you can get the full bang out of your box where as Sony just tries to cram it all into one box/one price.you can buy the attachments to add to your gaming experience, you dont have to have them. i would counter and say look at sony and all the stuff they are listing in their online store already. yes you have to pay for online but for $3.50 a month i wonder if you could not buy a candy bar and pop a couple times at the gas station?

And when it all comes down to it. Socom is a Sony exclusive. You wont find any better game on the Box.yes socom is a sony exclusive but i think all would agree that microsoft has a better track record for supporting their games than sony. also socom has progressively gotten worse since the first. thats why i got rid of my ps2 in the first place. there is no point in me owning a console for just one title that has been poorly supported since day 1.

ViperF22
You're a JOKE!
You're a JOKE!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i just ask why everyone thinks that socom is going to be like the second coming of heyzues? I know many people played it for a long time but i dont see what was great about the game itself. It had so many flaws. The main thing i see is why people talked about the game they refered to the people they played with not the actual game itself.
Omaha
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I(ts like an old girlfriend with sweet candy....You just dont want to part with readily.....
t3h pr0
Find a SPOON!
Find a SPOON!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3h pr0's departing two cents... 360 > PS3.. END OF STORY.. THREAD CLOSED

Comicus: The Christians are so poor...
Swiftus: How poor are they?
Comicus: Thank you. They are so poor... That they only have one God...
Comicus: But we Romans are rich. We've got a lot of gods. We've got a god for everything. The only thing we don't have a god for is premature ejaculation... but I hear that's coming quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Veni Vidi Vici Forum Index -> Microsoft General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: