Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
Is this camping?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Veni Vidi Vici Forum Index -> Microsoft General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Quick opinion
Spawn Camping
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tactical Play
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Mix of both
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
It is a pub room, chill
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
"Least I have chicken"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Maelos
Lil Vader
Lil Vader

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Is this camping? Reply with quote

Ok, so here is the scenario.

COD4
Map: Countdown (missile silos with steam)
Game Type: Sabotage

Your team has the bomb and is trying to plant. The enemy spawn is near the plant site, so it is making things difficult. If one sets themselves up between the desired plant area and the enemy spawn, does this count as spawn camping? I tried traveling around the bomb site to get a better angle on the defending team, and I noticed a few spots which could easily cut off their main pathway to the bomb area. I planted myself there and started racking up the kills.

When we arrived back in the lobby I heard something along the lines of "Forget VvV. F*** Maelos" - perhaps this was my own misinterpretation, but I do try to play fairly. I was killed again and again in said spot, but I found it most effective at helping my team so I repeated it. I could "see" the enemy spawn, but had no way of insta-killing each person. They almost always had to engage me first to even notice them, in fact why I ended up engaging in the first place.

Yeah yeah, it seems I am getting too easily offended in a pub room, but I consider it tactics. We had to get it planted and when we finally did I was dead anyway - though my actions likely helped.

Soo....is this spawn camping? Cheating even? Or just being a bit rough for a pub room.

P.S. - sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep time.
KWO
Hitman
Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To spawn camp would be to imo "stand right behind them so as they spawn you can JFK their ass right then and there." If they had to engage you then no worries. Btw its a pub room who give a fluck? LMAO! should have bought a 360. I would have been there to defend your honor! Maelos is my bitch.

Kiowa
Pterodactyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I was playing with you last night on this map. It should be the same on ps3 as the 360. If we have the bomb and are trying to plant. no your good. Cause if they have the bomb then we are trying to stop them. I racked up the kills on that map with my sniper rifle. So for some of you snipers this is what I do. KWO pass it on to your men as well. If you start up by Charlie run down the left side by where the copter is down. Get on your belly and crawl up under the wing. It leaves the whole left side open and directly in the hangers you can see. Snipe away.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TimesNewRoman
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiowa wrote:
I believe I was playing with you last night on this map. It should be the same on ps3 as the 360. If we have the bomb and are trying to plant. no your good. Cause if they have the bomb then we are trying to stop them. I racked up the kills on that map with my sniper rifle. So for some of you snipers this is what I do. KWO pass it on to your men as well. If you start up by Charlie run down the left side by where the copter is down. Get on your belly and crawl up under the wing. It leaves the whole left side open and directly in the hangers you can see. Snipe away.

How much maneuverability do you have to turn around down there though?

My Portfolio
My DJ Mixes
The Myspace
Kiowa
Pterodactyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any problems. Alot of people don't pay any attention to you there.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ViperF22
You're a JOKE!
You're a JOKE!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kinda cheap that you can see them spawn but the fact is if they had time to shoot you before you even noticed them then they obviously suck to much to even be playing or complaining.
Kiowa
Pterodactyl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you basically get them when they are running from building to building. or when they run out of the building

Kokido
Company Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think him being on either console matters, Im sure his PS3 [VvV] mates stood up for him. Besides we spend 85% of the night just sitting in a Party waiting to play a game....Oh and thanks for last night, 8 maps and I gained 52 points on my rank. 3 kills to 29 deaths. Great night, lol.

1. Its a pub room, no need to care what others think. Besides if it your Party, give em' das boot!
2. Usually if I get my self in a spot where I see them....actually I have never played Sabotage unless it wasn't respawn.....or is that Search and Destroy......I don't have any idea now..
But in a room aka Team Deathmatch, if I find myself in a spot where I see them spawn, I don't take a shot unless its life threatning, then I will relocate. I have been on the other side of it though and all it reminds me of is Frostfire.....
3. Maelos if you put yourself in a position to help the team succeed, then you are doing your part. Plus if you didn't do anything until you were ingaged, they were just pissed cause they were getting worked. Offer a Good Game and put it in the past.

Maelos
Lil Vader
Lil Vader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh. I was just wondering what you all thought. I would do it again, simply because of the mode and the stupid spawn. I gave them plenty of chances to kill me. In fact, I was dead when my team planted and won.
Kokido
Company Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F in' A Cotton...F in' A....

Maelos
Lil Vader
Lil Vader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

? What?
ViperF22
You're a JOKE!
You're a JOKE!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelos wrote:
? What?

thats a quote from the great movie dodgeball..........
t3h pr0
Find a SPOON!
Find a SPOON!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats not camping at all.. if they had to engage you and they keep dying, thats their fault for being scrubby dubs

Comicus: The Christians are so poor...
Swiftus: How poor are they?
Comicus: Thank you. They are so poor... That they only have one God...
Comicus: But we Romans are rich. We've got a lot of gods. We've got a god for everything. The only thing we don't have a god for is premature ejaculation... but I hear that's coming quickly.
TimesNewRoman
Private
Private

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3h pr0 wrote:
thats not camping at all.. if they had to engage you and they keep dying, thats their fault for being scrubby dubs

Bingo.

I don't know if they've got the kill cam in the PS3 version but that's what the kill cam is for - to alert you to where they are so that you have the option of going over and killing the sniper that keeps on killing you.

If they don't then it's their own fault yanno?

My Portfolio
My DJ Mixes
The Myspace
Kokido
Company Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelos I played this map tonight Team Deathmatch with Random, Klepi, Kodi and thats it...

I went 10-0, I had the M40 sniper rifle and only had 3 bullets left....I even pulled off a Claymore kill that saved me arse! After I called in THA CHOPPA!!! I ran and hid behind a box, waiting for the last couple of kills.

Earlier my white ass when 17-3 on .........the one with the big ditch and the barn. M16'ed that mutha up! Finally I can get my Kills to Death back up after 3 nights of Hardcore SnD....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Veni Vidi Vici Forum Index -> Microsoft General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: