Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
SOCOM Confrontation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WEAP0N-X-
Find a SPOON!
Find a SPOON!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: SOCOM Confrontation Reply with quote

Release Date - For those of you who were expecting a new SOCOM soon, you may want to find a new game for a while. Contrary to the dozens of websitesthat listed Nov as a release date, there never was an official release date. What they did was take a quote "aiming for holiday season, but no official date" and turned it into something that fit that previous release dates and the quote. The release date is officially listed as TBA 2008.

Changes - After the release of the two early-build videos, there was an uproar in the PS forums community about the GRAW2ish over-the-shoulder view (classic third person view was gone) and the red dots on radar that indicated enemy position. That resulted in SlantSix going back to fix these, thus backing up the release date. Since then, SlantSix and Sony have released very very little about the game.

What we know -

1. Download it from the PSN Store or buy it on BluRay.
2. 32 players max
3. Crossroads will be one of five North-African themed maps. It is expanded for 32 players. Classic Crossroads is playable as an 8v8 map.
4. Maps will be able to broken into several smaller areas.
5. Clans will be able to have custom uniforms, with the players able to further customize those.
6. There will be a beta, most likely similar to Warhawk and Home via the PSN store.
7. High definition audio was recorded for the weapons.
8. Target Spotting (red dots on radar that indicate enemy position) are available as an option in unranked custom games.

That's all I have for now. If I find more, I'll let you know.

PS3 name = SCHOTZ
kodi
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is sweet. i can't wait for this one. atleast cod4 will tide me over til then. also haze got pushed back till after christmas too, so i will be waiting for that one too.

There's a new sherrif in town!
MrCOPE
Loser in training

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kodi you need to hit us up on COD4, kiowa and i are on consistently as well as omaha and devilman
KWO
Hitman
Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kodi is on the better version!!!! lmao!

kodi
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCOPE wrote:
kodi you need to hit us up on COD4, kiowa and i are on consistently as well as omaha and devilman

yeah, i have it for the 360. i hear the graphics are better on the ps3 though. I actually don't have any games except resistance for the ps3, and i played that for all of one week. i plan on getting haze, confrontation, mgs4, and killzone 2 on the ps3 though. any plans to get those?

COD4 is a lot of fun, but i don't see it as a clan game, what with all those different perks, calling in a uav/airstrike/choppy. i h8 radar. search and destroy is my favorite game type.

Maelos
Lil Vader
Lil Vader

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does COD4 support clan/buddy functionality? I am not talking about wars per say, but just finding one and other.
IDEVILMANI
Private First Class

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelos wrote:
does COD4 support clan/buddy functionality? I am not talking about wars per say, but just finding one and other.

Yay and Ney on that one. It basically does the halo trick, where you don't search for lobbies like socom. you just create a party and select a gametype and there you go. You can make a private matched. But I dont think you earn any xperience at all. (you might earn weapon, and challenges xp) and it goes off the PSN friend list. so all you have to do is send someone an invite. or have someone send you one. The invite system works about 70% of the time(my guess, not an actual stat) Really fun game. get it for PS3 and love it.
Find a SPOON!
Find a SPOON!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CoD4 had a lobby system like SOCOM3/CA, I would make sweet love to that game.

PS3 name = SCHOTZ
Omaha
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that and custom skins like R6V
indy_colts_fan
Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best online custom thing ive seen was on ftb2 for psp u earned points to buy up all of ur clothing it was pretty insane lol i loved it alot
NoVa
.........wow
.........wow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kodi wrote:
MrCOPE wrote:

yeah, i have it for the 360. i hear the graphics are better on the ps3 though. I actually don't have any games except resistance for the ps3, and i played that for all of one week. i plan on getting haze, confrontation, mgs4, and killzone 2 on the ps3 though. any plans to get those?

COD4 is a lot of fun, but i don't see it as a clan game, what with all those different perks, calling in a uav/airstrike/choppy. i h8 radar. search and destroy is my favorite game type.

thats where the PC version > all

you can make it where when you play a match...only certain weapons are usable, and only certain perks. its awesome

kodi
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoVa wrote:

thats where the PC version > all

you can make it where when you play a match...only certain weapons are usable, and only certain perks. its awesome

yeah it looks like you can almost do that too on 360/ps3 (perks on/off), it just has to be a private match. so that would work with clan wars too.

but it definately is an awesome game on any system.

Maelos
Lil Vader
Lil Vader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know more about this game! Where is the info!!! I call for a post bump!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Veni Vidi Vici Forum Index -> Sony General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: