Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
Grouping Basics: How to join and creat your own

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maelos
Lil Vader
Lil Vader

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Grouping Basics: How to join and creat your own Reply with quote

This is one of my first goals for COD4. The lack of a socom lobby system has made it somewhat confusing to group up. I would like to devise a system so that we can more easily join together.

How will we start a group? Who will be the initial leader?

I would think the first person on should do this. I will connect this to my next question to explain further.

How do you ask for an invitation? Is the invitation to a game and a party the same?

The two ways I know to communicate are through the ps3 network itself and through group/friend invites. I would prefer the use of the ps3 network system, as it displays in the upper corner of the screen without prompting you for a response.

Secondly, we have the invitations. I usually spam invitations when I am in a large group of VvV to get the point across, and it has worked. I hope this is not too bothersome. Should we have a system where an invitation is used as a "Hi, I want to play. Please join me or send me an invitation."

These methods, however, have a problem. If there are no slots open for a game, during the middle of one, an invite cannot be sent. It is only when somone quits entirely from the game that they can properly respond with a message.

Well that is my confusing introduction. What do you all think? How can we better group together? It is not that we must always play with fellow VvV members, it just seems that recent attempts and consolidating to a single party have failed. Please respond with your suggestions and comments.

Also, does anyone know how to tell who is hosting a game? Can you tell if you are a host? I recently crashed a game, on accident, when I left without knowing that I was the "host".
IDEVILMANI
Private First Class

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just need 2 or 3 leaders. Like in this order
Kiowa
Envy(or Maelos)
And someone else(maybe)

an example
If kiowa is online and sends out an invite to one member, That member should ,in game or in lobby say, "Kiowa just sent me and invite" Then everyone in the clan will just start heading to kiowa.

If he isnt online, but the second leader is, follow him instead.

I can tell you right off the bat, If I send you an invite, 90% of the time, that is me just trying to get you to send me an invite.
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto..I agree with ya Devil but, I think its also a unavoidable pain that we are stuck with for now until Confrontation arrives...My only suggestions are post all game announcements like we did at APE in the forum ahead of schedule and like you said in the PSN comment/message section.
Kiowa
Pterodactyl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, I am on all the time now that work is slow. I am not wanting to step on toes but I was the leader on socom. Socom I hate to say it is dead. VvV is picking up guys and opening Eyes every night. I have picked up 2 more for Socom 4 but I will not release the names till I know for sure. Stonewolf has alot riding here also.

If I had my picks I would Say it goes this

Kiowa
Maelos
Omaha
Devilman
Cope

Cope is a big part of VvV. He takes care most of the Admin stuff that I don't want to do. He has alot of stuff on his plate with work and school and his wife just getting out of surgery. That is whyhe is not my #2 man. He knows that, and his spot is always there. But in the mean time my other 3 and all is responsable for new recruits. When we have a team together GB will take place. I do have many friends that can and will fill in if needed. sk_MAC is VvV so add him. Right now before I log in I send a message to one guy that I see online stating that I'm logging on and will have the room ready.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrCOPE
Loser in training

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont necessarily think that we need a "new" leadership for COD. As Kiowa stated I am extremely busy, and my wife is now recuperating from surgery.

Yet, the PS 3 Leadership is as follows

Kokido VvV
Random VvV Co-Leader

Kiowa Leader of CoD4 on PS3
MrCOPE, Kiowa's #2 guy

As far as rooms being up, I think that for the most part things are working fine. Is it a hassle with no lobby system? Yes, it is. I think that the spams are just the way to go.

I don't believe that appointing "new" leaders is really the way to go.
Kokido
Company Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cope, I edited your post with what I have down.

I agree we don't need any new leaders, what needs to be done is for the upper Leadership and I need to sit down, go over our Roster and get Officers and jobs layed out.

It will make it alot easier down the road, since we are getting new members. It was kind of hard to do this up until now, since we only 3-4 members of VvV on CoD4/PS3.

I have a few things to do this week, but it is on my to do list.

Stonewolf
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kiowa"]Agreed, I am on all the time now that work is slow. I am not wanting to step on toes but I was the leader on socom. Socom I hate to say it is dead. VvV is picking up guys and opening Eyes every night. I have picked up 2 more for Socom 4 but I will not release the names till I know for sure. Stonewolf has alot riding here also.[quote]

Shocked Confused

Omaha
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im content with being a advisor for now and helping the current guys out as much as needed as well. I believe the current guys will speak up if they need any subs should a time arise that one is needed. I am honored that my name was inclouded however, thanks for the thought. In rthe mean time as soon as I can get my pc up if not sooner..I will begin to go to my various allies and their sites for recruiting purposes and exposure for VvV to get our numbers up. I am currently working on convincing a few former APE'S to come on board....
Kiowa
Pterodactyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My picks was strickly on the time played on COD4. Sorry stoney if I angered you.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stonewolf
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no anger bro just wasn't sure as to what I had riding. Wink

actually not sure as to what it means still , lol

Kiowa
Pterodactyl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saying you are VvV and helped get it where it is

Stonewolf
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiowa wrote:
Just saying you are VvV and helped get it where it is
Very Happy Wink

IDEVILMANI
Private First Class

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omaha wrote:
Im content with being a advisor for now and helping the current guys out as much as needed as well. I believe the current guys will speak up if they need any subs should a time arise that one is needed. I am honored that my name was inclouded however, thanks for the thought. In rthe mean time as soon as I can get my pc up if not sooner..I will begin to go to my various allies and their sites for recruiting purposes and exposure for VvV to get our numbers up. I am currently working on convincing a few former APE'S to come on board....

You should be an army recruiter man with all the recruiting you have been doing with SCA and the APEs and now you are willing to be 'cruiting for the 3V's

Just remember, if you don't join VvV, then your gay..... Laughing
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOFL, Alsways willing to do my part for a great group of people...Gay though,,,, I think my 4 kids and various x's would differ......LOL
IDEVILMANI
Private First Class

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omaha wrote:
LOFL, Alsways willing to do my part for a great group of people...Gay though,,,, I think my 4 kids and various x's would differ......LOL

It was a Family guy reference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Veni Vidi Vici Forum Index -> Sony General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: